STEUBEN AND LIVINGSTON COUNTY RESIDENTS
What is Care Management? A program that provides a holistic approach to health care needs. Care Managers link and refer children to any needed services to coordinate health care goals. Care Managers assist with linking and referring to the following:
- Medical Health • Dental Health • Behavioral Health
- Clinical Services • Social Services • Legal Services
- Home & Community-Based Services (HCBS), including teaching skills in-home and in the community, such as how to budget, shop, access public transportation, clean, cook, medication management, family supports and nutritional guidelines as needed.
- Religious Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Substance Abuse
- Employment Services
- Natural Supports, including supports in the environment, i.e. friends, neighbors, colleagues
How Can Care Management Help You?
- Coordinates community supports
- Advocate on your child’s behalf so he/she receives the care they deserve
- Provides an outlet for individuals to obtain assistance with non-medical concerns
Who is Eligible?
- Any Medicaid recipient. May have both Medicaid and Medicare.
- May be a Medicaid Managed Care Member or receiving services on a Fee for Service basis.
- Has significant risk factors which can be addressed through care management.
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Two or more chronic health conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, substance use disorder or mental illness)
- Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) (for children up to 21 years of age),
- Complex Trauma (for children up to 21 years of age) or
If you are looking into services for your child or youth ages 21 or under, we partner with a couple agencies who can assist you. You can fill out this form using the link provided for Encompass Health Home: Encompass Community Referral Form or: Community Referral CHHUNY . For additional questions and assistance contact our Home Health Care Team: