The Supportive Home and Parent Enrichment (SHAPE) program provides tailored home-visiting in Steuben, Allegany and Yates counties to help improve family relationships and keep troubled families together. We educate families on:
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for their child or children
- Child development and parenting
- Conflict management strategies
- Accessing community resources
In Allegany, Steuben, and Yates counties, SHAPE has helped to improve parenting skills in a majority of the at-risk families served. Improved parenting skills lead to reduced risk factors and positive changes that lead to optimal child and family health, development, and safety. Some of the positive changes that parents have demonstrated include the following:
- Appropriate use of discipline when parenting.
- Providing for basic needs such as good nutrition and health care.
- Improvements in parent-child bonding and relationships.
Locations and Contact Information
12 Allen Street
Hornell, NY 14843
Allegany County Office:
1 Schuyler St.
Belmont, NY 14813
Yates County Office:
1 Keuka Business Park
Penn Yan, NY 14527
Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
In-home services are provided by appointment.
There are no fees for the SHAPE program. Referred families participate free of charge.
How to Enroll
Families are referred to the program by other agencies that serve them. Depending on the county, some families are required to participate and others participate voluntarily.